Some domainers are looking for a way to move from traditional domain parking into a solution they host and fully control themselves.
There are several good reasons to do this:
- not having to pay commissions
- full control over customizing a solution
- cutting out the middle man.
Here are the top domain portfolio marketplace scripts if you decide to move forward with your own hosted solution:
The free options may not be the most visually attractive but with some graphical improvements and customization they could be enough to get you going.
- DNSPortfolio – I’m not entirely sure this one is free. I’m not seeing a price but there is a download link forcing me to assume that it is.
- Domain Portfolio Manager – I’m not sure how old this script is (errors on the page) but it’s free.
- WooCommerce – Technically not a domain portfolio script but its hosted on Wordress and has most of the features a domain marketplace would need.
Some of these may only be slightly better than the free option but with more features.
- My Domain List – $12 (or $25 for Pro)
- My Domain List Plugin – $14 WordPress plugin. Creates a table list of available domains for sale.
- Domain Manage – I’m not sure what the pricing is on this one.
There are others that seem easiest to customize, are visually appealing and should give you the least amount of trouble going the DIY route:
- wpDataTables – $35. Technically not a domain portfolio script but it’s a simple solution with fancy tables for a minimal set up.
- DomainFolio – $50. This is a theme that goes on WordPress.
- This Domain is For Sale (standalone or you can get the WordPress plugin) – Bare bones. Simple and only $9 or $14 for the WordPress version. Creates simple landers. I really like this one because I’ve already set it up for a client and it’s easy to customize.
- PHP Website and Domains Marketplace – $19. This reminds me of Flippa.com. Sleek, modern design.
- Domain Trader – I have customized Domain Trader for ex-freelance clients in the past. I have no affiliation with them but just mentioning because I have experience with the platform. It can be a bit pricey, especially when you need the open source version and it can be a little difficult to customize but it’s one of my favorites.
Do you know a solution not on this list? Please let us know in the comments below so others can benefit.